Mile-High Oreo Pie
Dee Dee Rivera
How to Make Mile-High Oreo Pie
- 1Place butter into a 9-inch pie pan.
- 2Cook in the oven at about 350 degrees until melted.
- 3Take a package of regular Oreo cookies, omit about 15 of the cookies (to later be folded into the pie), put the rest into a blender or food processor and crush until it forms cookie crumbs.
- 4Take the pie pan with the melted butter out of the oven and add the cookie crumbs into the pan.
- 5Combine butter and crumbs together and press to the bottom and sides of the pan. Then place into the refrigerator for about an hour.
- 6Combine whipping cream, gelatin and sugar in a cold mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- 7Crush the 15 remaining Oreo cookies slightly until crumbled.
- 8Gently but firmly, fold into whipped cream mixture using a rubber spatula.
- 9Take out the stiff pie crust and place the whipped cream/Oreo cookie mixture into the crust and pile high.
- 10Chill for about 2-3 hours. Then serve.