- 3 large
- egg whites or egg white substitute
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- sugar or sugar substitute
- double graham crackers or use graham cracker crumbs
- 1 c
- 1 can(s)
- whipped cream or cool whip (may use fat free)
How to Make Maysell Pie with Strawberries and Cream
- 1Beat egg whites with baking powder until stiff peaks form then add sugar and beat until soft glossy peaks and sugar is dissolved.
- 2Crush double graham cracker in large zip lock bag with rolling pin until crumbs. Chop pecans finely. Fold grahams and pecans into your egg whites gently.
- 3Bake in a greased or parchment lined greased pie plate for 40 minutes in a preheated 300 degree oven. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with Cool whip and your favorite fruit. I like either 1 pint of fresh strawberries or peaches sliced and mixed with 1/4 cup sugar which I also fix the night before and place in a covered bowl in the refrigerator.