★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6-8 large
- jonathan apples, peeled and sliced med - thin
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- 2/3 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- butter in bits
- 1/2 c
- marzetti's apple dip or caramel topping
How to Make Marie's apple pie
- 1Cut the apples into med - thin slices.
- 2Combine the dry ingredients - flour, sugar and spices and pour over the apples.
- 3Allow to set 10 - 15 min.
Pour apples into second pie crust, evening out apples.
- 4Dot with pieces of butter.
Drizzle the caramel apple dip or caramel topping through the apples and over the top.
- 5Cover with second pie crust handling carefully - fold in half then fourths and unfold on top of the pie filling.
- 6Crimp edges and cut off extra, eswpecially around the handles if you have handles. Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 7Cover the edges of the pie with a long four in wide piece of foil wrap, Crimp it to the edge and make sure 2 to 3 in. cover the edge of the pie crust. Cut 3 vents in the pie crust.
- 8Bake for 20 min at 425 degrees. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and take off foil. Bake for 20 to 25 min more.
- 9Serve slightly warm or cold. Enjoy with milk or coffee.