How to Make Marie's apple pie crust
- 1Sift together flour and salt.
- 2Cut in margarine or crisco with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- 3Add vinegar to milk and allow to to sour milk.
- 4Mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and form into a ball"Slightly sticky but not moist.
- 5Flour waxed paper thoroughly and sprinkle the dough with flour. Keep some flour close by as you made need a bit more at times.
- 6Roll out onto waxed paperuntil 1/3 in. thick. the crust should feel soft with a bit of give when you stick your finger in it lightly.
- 7Flour glass pie pan a bit. (1 -2 tsp flour) Pick up crust by gently folding it into fourths and then unfolding it into the pan.
- 8Make another batch of above recipe for the top and set in the refrigerator.