Maple cinnamon pumpkin pie
- one recipe pastry for deep dish pie, or use store bought
- one can pumpkin, 15 ounces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or maple flavor syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- three eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- one recipe maple whipped cream, optional, recipe follows
How to Make Maple cinnamon pumpkin pie
- 1preheat oven to 375°. Make pastry for a deep dish pie or use store bought. On lightly floured surface use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a 13 inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin. Unroll into a 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge high to keep filling from bubbling over. Do not prick pastry.
- 2For filling, and a large bowl, mix pumpkin, sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs, beat lightly with a fork until mixed. Gradually stir in milk until mixed.
- 3Place pastry lined pie plate on an oven rack. Carefully pour filling into pastry shell. To prevent over Browning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 to 2 hours. Serve cooled pie or cover and chill until time to serve. If desired, top with Maple whipped cream. Makes eight servings.
Maple whipped cream: in a medium bowl mix 1 cup whipping cream and 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or Maple flavor syrup. Beat with mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form, tips curls.