- unbaked 9" pie shell + dough for top crust or lattice crust if desired
- 3 c
- mango, peeled and very thinly sliced (recipe specifically called for half-ripe mango)
- 3/4 c
- sugar (reduced from 1 cup and i also mixed in a little bit of dark brown sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp
- fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp
- coconut butter or dairy butter
How to Make Mango Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place one layer of mangoes in the unbaked pie shell and sprinkle with *HALF* the sugar, lime juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 3Add remaining sliced mangoes, sugar, spices, lime juice; dot with bits of (coconut) butter.
- 4Cover or criss-cross with a top pie crust if desired. Bake approximately 45 minutes.