Mango Macadamia Nut Tart Tatin
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1/3 craspberry fruit spread or preserves
1refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed
1/3 cdark brown sugar
1/3 cchopped macadamia nuts
1 Tbspimitation rum extract
·vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
How to Make Mango Macadamia Nut Tart Tatin
- 1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Peel mangoes, cut into 3/4 to 1" wedges, and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle flour and ginger over mangoes and toss until evenly coated.
- 2. Unroll pie crust onto work surface and brush raspberry spread over crust, leaving a 3/4-inch border on the edge.
- 3. In 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, combine butter and brown sugar over medium-high heat. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add nuts and rum extract (mixture will bubble vigorously). Continue stirring until any hard bits of caramel have dissolved. Add mangoes to skillet and press down lightly; remove from heat. Place crust jam-side-down over mangoes, pressing crust down around mangoes at edge of skillet.
- 4. Bake 28 to 35 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Cool 15 minutes in pan. Place serving platter over skillet and using oven mitts or potholders, hold platter and skillet together and invert tart onto platter. Use a spatula to scrape any remaining nuts and caramel in skillet over tart.
- 5. Serve tart warm or at room temperature with ice cream or whipped cream.