- baked, 10" pie shell
- 2 box
- lemon pudding mix (3 oz. each) * not instant*
- 1 1/2 c
- 4 c
- water, divided
- 4 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- grated lemon peel
- eggs, separated
How to Make Mamma's Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Mix, slightly beaten egg yolks in saucepan with 2 cups water. Add pudding mixes and sugar. Then add the remaining water.
- 3Bring to boil, stirring constantlly.
- 4Add butter, lemon juice and lemon peel. Stir until butter has melted.
- 5Pour into pie crust. Then top with prepared meringue.
6 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
4 tablespoons of powder sugar
In cold bowl with cold beaters, beat/whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Add cream of tarter, mix. Add 4 tablespoons of powder sugar in 1 tablespoon increments, beating until stiff peaks form. Top lemon pie with meringue and bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Take out of oven and cool completely.