Mamaw Johnson's Chocolate Pie
- 3/4 c
- 4 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 c
- egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp
- egg whites
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 9 inch pie shell. get regular, not the deep dish
How to Make Mamaw Johnson's Chocolate Pie
- 1In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- 2Next, use a double boiler and add the milk and egg yolks first, then start adding in the bowl of dry ingredients.
- 3Cook and constantly stir until chocolate is thick, then add butter and stir it in til it melts, then add your vanilla and stir it in well.
- 4Take it off the stove and set it to the side to cool off.
- 5Meanwhile, take your 9 inch pie and bake according to what the directions say.
- 6In another bowl, beat your egg whites until fluffy, then add the sugar and cream of tar tar and continue beating til nice and fluffy.
- 7Pour your chocolate mixture into the baked pie shell, then spread your Meringue over the top.
- 8Pop in the oven on Broil, to lightly brown the top.