☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1refrigerated pie crusts
1 1/2 cdried apricots (divided use)
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 tspmace (or 1/4 tsp nutmeg)
1 1/4 cwater
1/4 csliced almonds
How to Make Mace flavored Apricots and Raisins Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Cut 1/2 cup (125ml) apricots into small slices and mix with raisins.
- In a saucepan, mix 1 cup (250ml) of water and all the brown sugar. Add the apricots and raisins mixture from step 2. Bring to a boil then add the freshly ground mace (or nutmeg).
- In a small bowl stir together cornstarch and 1/4 cup (65ml) of water. Pour into saucepan, stirring to mix well. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute then remove from heat and let cool 30 minutes.
- 9- Halve the remaining 1 cup (250ml) of apricots into large thin slices. Set aside.
- Pour the contents of the saucepan into the pie shell. Arrange the slices of apricots in a ring around the edge of the pie. Form a second ring with sliced almonds. Using the last apricot slices to cover the center of the pie.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl beat the egg and the white sugar. Pour this mixture over the apricots on the surface of the pie. Return to oven for 15-20 minutes.