Macaroni and Cheese Pie
Here's a recipe that really works well without precooking the pasta. No one will ever know you skipped that step...and you'll wonder why you've wasted all that time up till now! The photo is from mrfood.com/
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese Pie
- My Personal Note: I think you could add any of these or any combinations of: onions, garlic, peppers, spinach or mushrooms(probably cooked)and ham, bacon, ground beef or sausage for a more complete meal. Also change up the cheese...
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups cheese and macaroni; sprinkle into pie plate.
- Place remaining ingredients, except remaining 1/4 cup cheese, in a blender jar and blend until smooth about 15 seconds on high speed (or 1 minute in a large bowl with a hand mixer). Pour into pie plate.
- Bake about 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Cool 10 minutes then cut into wedges.