macadamia crusted Apple tart
- macadamia crust:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cups unsalted butter, melted, one stick
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts or flaked almonds
- for filling:
- one package cream cheese, softened, 8 ounces
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- one large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- two golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, or a mixture of 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon freshly
- grated nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
How to Make macadamia crusted Apple tart
- 1preheat oven to 400°. For crust, mix flour, melted butter, sugar and nuts in a bowl, using your hands or a spatula. pat on bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- 2For filling, beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the sugar, egg and vanilla in a medium bowl with a handheld mixer until smooth. Pour into prepared crust. Using the same bowl, toss the Apple slices with the pumpkin pie spice, the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and lemon juice.
- 3Attractively arrange Apple slices in a circle on top of filling. Pour any juice left from the fruit on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool in pan for 20 minutes, then remove the sides and serve. Makes eight servings.