Mabel's Chocolate Marvel Pie
How to Make Mabel's Chocolate Marvel Pie
- Take first 3 ingredients, put in a double-boiler (or heatproof dish in pan over hot water ) medium heat for a gentle boil. (or you can nuke ) Stir until melted. Cool.
- When chocolate mixture is room temperature, by hand add egg yolks one at a time, beating until each is well incorporated, then add vanilla. Set aside.
- Now with your mixer, beat the 4 egg whites until very stiff. Carefully fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into your cooled pie crust. Put in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled about 2-3 hours.
- Top with whipped topping of your choice, Redi-whip, Cool Whip or your own homemade. You can top this with chocolate shavings/curls, jimmies or mini chocolate chips.
- *we never had a problem because the eggs are uncooked. The pie is refrigerated, not left out. You can use pasturized eggs if you prefer. Enjoy!