Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Pie
I have probably made this recipe about a hundred times and who knows how many ways! I have only listed a few of the variations that I have tried.
You are only limited by your lack of imagination!
- 1 1/2 c
- spaghetti squash (cooked)
- 3 large
- 2 oz
- heavy cream
- 1 cup c
- ideal sweetener (regular or brown)
- (can use splenda, but use only 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp
- coconut extract
- salt (a tiny pinch!)
How to Make Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Stir everything together, pour into glass pie plate and bake until set. (appx 10 to 20 minutes. I am high altitude, so, sometimes it takes about 25 minutes. When I lived at sea level, it took about 10 minutes. So, keep an eye on it.)
Pumpkin Pie Taste: Put cooked spaghetti squash and other ingredients into blender and blend until smooth. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice (instead of 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1 1/2 teaspoon coconut extracts)
2 teaspoons maple flavoring (instead of 1 1/2 teaspoons of coconut)
2 teaspoons of banana extract instead of coconut
- 4TO COOK SPAGHETTI SQUASH:
Cut squash in half, remove seeds. Put cut side down on plate and cover with plastic wrap. Cook 5 to 15 minutes. Cooking time depends on wattage of microwave. I have a 1200 watt and it takes about 5 minutes. But it took 15 minutes or longer with my old one. It should be fork tender.
When it is thoroughly cooked, take a fork and scrape out all of the 'spaghetti' blot excess water from spaghetti and continue as directed in the above recipe.