Liquid Caramel Apple Pie
5granny smith apples, or apples of your choice
5empire apples or use what ever apples you prefer.
1/2 cunsalted butter,1 stick plus 1 tablespoon
1/4 call-purpose flour
1/3 cgranulated white sugar
1/3 cpacked brown sugar
1 1/2 tspcinnamon
1/4 tsp tspground cloves
2frozen pie crusts, or crust of your choice. I buy the frozen ones, roll them out and transfer them into my own pan)
1 Tbsplemon juice
Tbsp2 tablespoons whipping crean
How to Make Liquid Caramel Apple Pie
- Make a pie crust or buy a frozen pie crust. place in 9-inch pie pan. I use a deep dish pan.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel and core apples and cut into wedges. You may need more apples depending on the size of the apple, or pan you are using.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Stir the flour in to make a paste.
- Add water, cream, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil.
- Add apples to pan. Heat and toss for 5 minutes. Pour in to crust.
- Place lattice crust on top or make a streusel crumb topping. Place on sheet pan' Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until apples soften.