Lemon Pie on Cookie sheet
Some like it served while still a little warm, but it does need to sit for several hours first. Refrigerate if not serving the same day. No need to cover, because the crust will keep better.
To keep meringue from sticking to knife while cutting , dip knife into hit water or run underhot tap water.
How to Make Lemon Pie on Cookie sheet
Combine flour and salt in medium sized bowl. Cut shortening into flour with pastry blender until pieces are the size oc large peas. Sprinkle with water and stir with fork, in circular motion, until mixture form a ball - just barely holds together.
- 2Pat pastry into rectangular shape, on floured surface then roll out to size of cookie sheet - actually a little more. Roll up on rolling pin and unroll onto cookie sheet. Trim edges where they are too high and add pieces where it is too low. (cut and paste).
- 3Bake until golden brown at 400 degrees about 15 minutes.
- 4For pie:
Meanwhile , cook pie filling according to package instruction.
- 5Pour cooked filling into baked shell and let cool slightly while beating egg whites. Beat egg whjtes, gradually adding 1/2 cup sugar. Beat just until theg are glossy and will stand up if dabbed with a spoon. Do not over- beat , because it will not spread nicely.
- 6Spread evenly onto pie crust, making sure the meringue touches the side crusts. For wave design, dab meringue with the back of a spoon.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes until golden .