Lemon Meringue Pie
19 inch pie shell, baked
1 cgranulated sugar
1 1/2 chot water
4egg yolks, slightly beaten
6 ozcan frozen lemonade
4egg whites, room temperature
1/2 tspcream of tartar
1/2 cgranulated sugar
How to Make Lemon Meringue Pie
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Slowly stir in the hot water.
- Add the remaining filling ingredients and cook over low heat until the mixture comes to a full boil.
- Lower the heat and cook a minute longer. Cool until lukewarm.
- Spread the filling into the pie shell.
- MERINGUE: Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add the sugar a tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the meringue on top of the lemon filling and bake in a preheated oven at 325 for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly brown.