LEMON CHESS PIE WITH SOUR CHERRIES
1 1/2 csugar
1 Tbspyellow cornmeal
1 Tbspall purpose flour
3 largeeggs, slightly beaten
·grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
4 Tbspbutter, unsalted, melted and cooled
1/2 cheavy cream
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1/2 cred sour pitted cherries
·1 unbaked 9" pie shell
How to Make LEMON CHESS PIE WITH SOUR CHERRIES
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine the sugar, cornmeal, and flour in a bowl and stir until blended.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, butter, cream, and vanilla to mix until well blended.
- Place the cherries in the bottom of the chilled, unbaked pie crust.
- Pour the filling on top of the cherries. Bake 50-55 minutes, or until top is golden brown and a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the pie completely on a baking rack before slicing.