Lela's Fried Peach Pies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
FOR THE FILLING:
6 ozdried peaches
1 Tbsplemon juice
FOR THE DOUGH:
1/2 cmilk (or a little more)
How to Make Lela's Fried Peach Pies
- Place dried fruit in a pot and add water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer until fruit is tender.
- Add other ingredients and mash together with a potato masher or fork. Set aside while dough is prepared.
- In medium bowl, place flour and salt. Stir together. Cut in shortening with a long tined fork. Add in milk and stir until dough sticks together.
- Divide into ten portions. Roll each portion out on a floured surface into a five or six inch circle.
- Place two tablespoons of filling in each. Wet the edges and fold over, crimping with a fork.
- Cook in oil which has been heated on medium heat, until browned on both sides, turning as needed. Remove to paper towel lined plate.