What makes a great recipe? Well, love for starters! And this torte is, indeed, jam-packed with delicious TLC. Each layer has a distinct flavor, but they combine to create an overall richness that is simply to-die-for. Easy to prepare and pretty to serve, this one is a must-try!
- 1 pkg
- chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crumbled or ground in a food processor or blender
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, melted and cooled
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 1/4 c
- powdered sugar, divided
- 12 oz
- cream cheese, softened to room temperature, divided
- 1/2 c
- Biscoff spread (or cookie butter)
- 3 Tbsp
- heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 c
- Nutella (hazelnut spread)
- 1/2 c
- peanut butter
How to Make Layers of Love Torte
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a 9-inch springform pan on a baking sheet.
- 2Stir together the cookie crumbs and the melted butter until just moistened. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan. (They may not go all the way up the sides, but that’s okay.) Bake for 10 minutes, then cool completely on wire rack.
- 3Beat 2 cups of the heavy cream with a wire whisk attachment until foamy. Slowly add 1/4 cup powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until needed. In another bowl, beat 4 ounces cream cheese, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 cup Biscoff, and 1 tablespoon heavy cream until very smooth. Fold in 1/3 of the whipped cream to the Biscoff mixture and spread evenly in the bottom of the crust.
- 4Rinse out bowl and beaters and beat another 4 ounces cream cheese, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 cup Nutella, and 1 tablespoon heavy cream until smooth. Fold in another 1/3 of the whipped cream. Spread evenly on Biscoff layer. (I like to use an offset spatula.)
- 5Rinse bowl and beat the remaining cream cheese, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and 1 tablespoon heavy cream. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spread over Nutella layer. Chill torte in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.