KEY LIME PIE (SALLYE)
It is so easy to make, but oh so very delicious. You can substitute ice cream for the whipping cream if you prefer.
Love this pie!
3 largeegg yolks only
1/2 cnellie & joe's famous key west lime juice
1 can(s)eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
1graham cracker pie crust
1 ptheavy whipping cream
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
How to Make KEY LIME PIE (SALLYE)
- ♥♥♥DO NOT SUBSTITUTE OTHER LIME JUICES
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
Place the yolks in a medium sized mixing bowl.
Place the whites in a covered container and store in fridge.
- Add lime juice to yolks and whisk together until well blended and frothy.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to mixing bowl and continue whisking until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into graham cracker crust and placed in preheated 350º oven for 15 minutes.
- While pie is in oven, place whipping cream in a chilled bowl and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
Add sugar a tablespoon at a time during beating process.
- After 15 minutes, remove pie from oven and set on cooling rack to cool.
Store the pie in the fridge.
Place the whipping cream in the fridge until ready to use as a topping.