Traditional Key Lime Pie
How to Make Traditional Key Lime Pie
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and add to crushed graham crackers in pie plate (I prefer pyrex or corning ware for a soft crust. Metal pans will dry out crust.) Fold/cut crumbs into butter until completely moistened and smooth around plate with the back of a large spoon. Work quickly or the butter will cool and stick to your spoon leaving holes in the crust.
- Beat eggs 1 min.
- Add condensed milk. Beat 3-4 minutes
- Mix in lime juice and zest with whisk or fork. (Zest will get hung up on the blades of a mixer.)
- Bake 10-15 min. until surface springs back when lightly touched with finger. You can get a good idea if it is ready by popped bubbles on the surface and a slightly dried look. If it is glossy and wet it is not done and will stick to your finger when touched.