Key Lime Pie
who doesnt love key lime pie tart yet sweet and refreshing, a good dessert to clean the palate.
- 3/4 pound graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup packed brown suga
- 1/4 cup butter, melted plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups key lime juice
- sweetened whipped cream
- lime slices and mint sprigs, for garnish
How to Make Key Lime Pie
- 1In a bowl, combine crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter. Press mixture 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick on bottom and sides of 10x2 inch deep fluted pie pan. In another bowl, mix condensed milk, egg yolks and lime juice on low speed of mixer until well-blended (it should be creamy color and slightly thickened) about 2 minutes.
Pour into prepared pie shell and bake in preheated 350 degree oven 18 to 24 minutes (pressing surface lightly with finger should leave a mark). Remove from oven and let cool. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours before serving. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream, fresh lime slices and mint sprigs.