Kahlua (Chocolate) Pecan Pie
You can add semi-sweet chocolate chips if you would like a bit of a chocolate flavor.
19" pie shell, unbaked
1/4 cbutter, unsalted
3/4 cdark brown sugar, packed
1 tsppure vanilla extract
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1/2 ccorn syrup, dark
3/4 cheavy cream
1 1/4 cpecans, chopped
2 ozunsweetened baking chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1/8 tspsalt (optional)
How to Make Kahlua (Chocolate) Pecan Pie
- If using chocolate, melt in double boiler.
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and flour until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in Kahlua, corn syrup, cream, and pecans. (Add chocolate at this stage). Mix well and pour into crust.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325° and bake for 40 minutes more, until center is firm.
- Cool completely and decorate with chocolate drizzle and whipped cream.