Just a big ole fat blueberry pie
1pastry for 9 inch double crust pie
2 cgranulated sugar
7 Tbspquick cooking tapioca
1 tspground cinnamon
6 cblueberries, fresh, (i use small maine wild)
2 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Just a big ole fat blueberry pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line 9 inch pie plate with bottom crust
- In med bowl combine sugar, tapioca and cinnamon stir to blend
- Place blueberries in a large bowl and pour sugar mixture in toss until blueberries are well coated sprinkle with the lemon juice and let sit for 15 minutes
- Pour Mixture in to bottom crust, dot with butter and top with the remaining crust, flute edges to seal and cut small slits on top for steam to escape.
- place on cookie sheet (or aluminum foil) and cook in preheated oven for 50 -60 minutes until crust is golden brown. If edges begin to brown first cover the edges of the crust with foil or use aluminum pie rim cover
- I wet top crust with a little milk and sprinkle sugar over it just before baking.
You can use frozen blueberries without a problem'
If you think your blueberries are extra tart an additional 1/2 of sugar can be used. But it is plenty sweet with just 2 cups