Just a big ole fat blueberry pie
- pastry for 9 inch double crust pie
- 2 c
- granulated sugar
- 7 Tbsp
- quick cooking tapioca
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 6 c
- blueberries, fresh, (i use small maine wild)
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Just a big ole fat blueberry pie
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line 9 inch pie plate with bottom crust
- 2In med bowl combine sugar, tapioca and cinnamon stir to blend
- 3Place blueberries in a large bowl and pour sugar mixture in toss until blueberries are well coated sprinkle with the lemon juice and let sit for 15 minutes
- 4Pour Mixture in to bottom crust, dot with butter and top with the remaining crust, flute edges to seal and cut small slits on top for steam to escape.
- 5place on cookie sheet (or aluminum foil) and cook in preheated oven for 50 -60 minutes until crust is golden brown. If edges begin to brown first cover the edges of the crust with foil or use aluminum pie rim cover
- 6I wet top crust with a little milk and sprinkle sugar over it just before baking.
You can use frozen blueberries without a problem'
If you think your blueberries are extra tart an additional 1/2 of sugar can be used. But it is plenty sweet with just 2 cups