Joy's Pecan Pie
1 call purpose flour
3 Tbspcold water
1 1/2 cchopped pecans
1 cplus 1t. light corn syrup
1/2 cplus 1 t. sugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
·pinch of salt~optional
How to Make Joy's Pecan Pie
- In a bowl combine, the flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add cold water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9" pie plate.
- Transfer pastry to pie plate, trim pastry to 1/2" beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- Sprinkle with pecans and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until well blended. Pour over pecans.
- bake at 350* for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.