JEWEL'S FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE WITH ALMONDS AND HONEY
How to Make JEWEL'S FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE WITH ALMONDS AND HONEY
- 1Bake Pie Shell according to package directions (you will prick bottom) and cool to room temperature.
- 2Wash, drain and hull strawberries, cut into one- half; set aside. (Make sure strawberries are ripe and sweet tasting.)
- 3Have a medium size glass mixing bowl chilled. Pour whipping cream and powdered sugar in bowl. Beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Fold Whipped topping into prepared, cold pie crust.
- 4Take strawberry halves and begin poking them into whipped cream filling. Starting at bottom and finishing at the top. Space evenly about every 3 inches (pointed end stuck straight into filling about 2/3 way). Let strawberry halves cover the entire pie filling. (not lying down but pointed in an upright position).
- 5Sprinkle the slivered almonds evenly over pie. Take the honey and gently drizzle with a very thin stream over pie filling.
- 6Chill pie for one hour then cut into serving sizes. Add more honey if desired. Put 2 sprigs of mint in top of pie with one whole strawberry in the center, buried 1/2 depth into filling for color.
- 7This is a light and attractive dessert.