Jen's Apple Pie
- granny smith apples- peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp
- apple pie spice
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- egg- beaten
- additional sugar
- pastry for double crust pie
How to Make Jen's Apple Pie
- 1In a small bowl combine sugars, flour, and spices; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice.
- 3Add sugar mixture, toss to coat.
- 4Line a 9" pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge.
- 5Fill with apple mixture; dot with butter.
- 6Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal, and flute the edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- 7Beat egg and brush over pastry. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 8Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20-25 minutes longer.