Jen's Apple Pie
6-8granny smith apples- peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/2 cpacked brown sugar
1 1/2 tspapple pie spice
·pastry for double crust pie
How to Make Jen's Apple Pie
- In a small bowl combine sugars, flour, and spices; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice.
- Add sugar mixture, toss to coat.
- Line a 9" pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge.
- Fill with apple mixture; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal, and flute the edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Beat egg and brush over pastry. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20-25 minutes longer.