JAMIE'S CANDY CORN PIE
We grow a very good sweet yellow corn called Ambroshia. It so sweet and good. I thought what would corn be like made into a candy pie? We make corn pudding and it is good so why not.
I am submitting this recipe in a contest in a group club and hope to get some good reactions to this neat pie made into candy pie.
1/2 c1 - stick of butter softened
1 can(s)sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1/2 tspamaretto liqueur or almond extract
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1 cchopped pecans
1 cchopped walnuts
111 0z. bag of ghirardelli white chocolate chips
4 cfresh sweet yellow corn cut cream style off the cobb
29 inch deep dish pie crust and 1- 9 inch and 1 inch deep pie crust
How to Make JAMIE'S CANDY CORN PIE
- CORN: I started with a dozen ears of yellow sweet corn and removed form the husk. Blanched and let cool. I cream styled it from the cobb which yields about 4 cups of fresh corn. Placed in a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Filling for the pie:
In a mixing bowl place the sugar and butter. Blend till crumble. Add one egg at a time and beat until well blended.
- Add in the one can of sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, Amaretto Liqueur or almond extract and beat with the mixer untill creamy.
- Pour into the large mixing bowl of corn and fold together. Add the plain flower then mix well.
- With spatula fold in candy chips, pecan and walnuts then stir till well incorporated.
- Prepare the pie crust by taking a fork and go all over the pie crust on the inside. Measure out about 2 cups of the mixture per pie crust. If not filled to the crust top level add about 1 more cup to fill the crust per pie.
- Depending on how much milk your corn naturally makes you might get enough to make one more 9" round 1" deep pie. I did with mine.
- Have the oven preheated to 325°F
Place each pie in the oven center rack and bake approximately 60 minutes watching that it does not burn and the center is getting done.
Ovens vary so your pie may take a little longer or less time but pie should be firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
SERVING SUGGESTION: DRIZZLE A LITTLE CARMEL OVER THE TOP OF THE SLICE OF PIE AND SERVE WITH SIDE OF ICE CREAM. YOU MAY LIKE TO SERVE WARM BUT CAN BE SERVED ROOM TEMP OR COLD. REALLY NEEDS TO HAVE TIME TO SET LIKE A PECAN PIE.
- ANOTHER CRUST SUGGESTION: I PUT 2 CUPS OF MIXTURE IN A 9" ROUND 1" DEEP, SHORTBREAD READY CRUST. BAKED AT 325°F FOR 60 MINUTES AND THIS IS VERY GOOD TOO.
- After a time of cooling I drizzled the pies with carmel ice cream topping and allowed to dry into the pie.
You can make your own carmel topping if you like.