Italian Easter Pie
- for the crust ,1 cup of flour, a pinch of salt 1 teaspoon of baking powder,1 egg and 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 of a cup of warm water.
- for the filling, 3lbs of ricotta, 13 eggs, 1/2 a teaspoon of salt, 3 cups of sugar, 3 oz of cling peaches,6 oz of orange juice and 1/4 of a cup of anisette.
How to Make Italian Easter Pie
- 1mix all of the ingredients,together,and form a dough. work the dough a little and on a clean surface roll it out.
- 2using your rolling pin,fit dough in either a 13 by 9 inch pan or a deep dish 9in cake or pie pan.
You may need to repeat the dough, more than once for a 13 by 9 inch pan,and also if you want to make a lattice for the top of the pie. beat all the ingredients for the filling,for the peaches drain and push through a strainer,add to egg mixture.
- 3pour filling into pie crust,add lattice across the top of the pie and bake for 1 hour,at 350 degress.
- 4let the pie cool,and sprinkle with powdered sugar.