Italian Christmas Quiche
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I was a little worried the Italian seasoning was going to be overpowering. I'm so glad I was wrong. This is one yummy quiche! It's simple to throw together and will be a great holiday breakfast or brunch. So good! The Test Kitchen
- pepperoni stick, sliced and cut up to make small diced pieces
- 1/2 box
- frozen asparagus or about 1 cup of leftover cooked asparagus
- 3/4 c
- mozzarella shredded fine
- 1/2 c
- Parmesan, shredded finely
- 1 tsp
- Italian spice blend
- 1 1/2 c
- half and half
- 4 large
- 9-inch pie crust
How to Make Italian Christmas Quiche
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Prepare a crust for a 9-inch pie plate or use a store-bought crust. Do not prebake.
- 3Defrost asparagus and use paper towels to remove excess moisture (if frozen).
- 4Sprinkle the pepperoni and asparagus pieces over the bottom of the pie crust.
- 5Spread cheeses evenly over the asparagus and pepperoni.
- 6Beat the 4 eggs with a whisk until a bit foamy. Stir in half and half.
- 7Pour egg mixture over filling.
- 8Be sure that no cheese is sticking out too high.
- 9Place in oven on middle rack, turn temp down to 350 and bake 30-45 minutes until set. The knife should come out clean if stuck in the middle.