Italian Christmas Quiche
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I was a little worried the Italian seasoning was going to be overpowering. I'm so glad I was wrong. This is one yummy quiche! It's simple to throw together and will be a great holiday breakfast or brunch. So good! The Test Kitchen
1/2pepperoni stick, sliced and cut up to make small diced pieces
1/2 boxfrozen asparagus or about 1 cup of leftover cooked asparagus
3/4 cmozzarella shredded fine
1/2 cParmesan, shredded finely
1 tspItalian spice blend
1 1/2 chalf and half
19-inch pie crust
How to Make Italian Christmas Quiche
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a crust for a 9-inch pie plate or use a store-bought crust. Do not prebake.
- Defrost asparagus and use paper towels to remove excess moisture (if frozen).
- Sprinkle the pepperoni and asparagus pieces over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Spread cheeses evenly over the asparagus and pepperoni.
- Beat the 4 eggs with a whisk until a bit foamy. Stir in half and half and the Italian spices
- Pour egg mixture over filling.
- Be sure that no cheese is sticking out too high.
- Place in oven on middle rack, turn temp down to 350 and bake 30-45 minutes until set. The knife should come out clean if stuck in the middle.