Icebox Pumpkin Pie
Sometimes I allow filling to be "streaky" with whipped topping rather than completely folded in.
1shortbread crust, prepared, 8
1 pkgfat-free cream cheese, 8 oz.
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 cpumpkin pie filling
1 ccold fat-free milk
1 pkgsugar-free instant pudding mix, 8 oz., either vanilla or french vanilla (for richer flavor)
18 oz. tub, frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
1/4 ccaramel ice cream topping (optional)
1/2 cpecans, coarsely chopped (optional)
How to Make Icebox Pumpkin Pie
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar.
- Stir in pumpkin pie filling.
- In a separate bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk for 1 1/2 minutes. (Mixture will be very thick.)
- Beat pudding into cream cheese mixture.
- Beat in a third of whipped topping. Then fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Cover bottom of crust with caramel topping, if desired. Eliminate if limiting calories.
- Evenly spread chopped pecans over caramel topping, if desired.
- Pour mixture into crust. Cover and freeze for 4-5 hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.