This recipe is for huckleberries intended, but other berries can be substituted.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 cfresh or frozen clean huckleberries
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1baked pie shell
How to Make Huckleberry Pie
- Place 1 cup of the huckleberries in the bottom of the baked pie shell and set aside.
- Mix the sugar and the cornstarch in a small bowl until well mixed. Set aside.
- Mix 3 cups of the huckleberries and the water in a medium saucepan, bring to boil.
- Add the sugar and cornstarch to the saucepan with the huckleberries stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Boil until thick. Remove from heat.
- Add the butter and the vanilla to the huckleberry mix and stir well. Pour sauce over the 1 cup of huckleberries in the baked pie shell. Cool, serve, and enjoy.
- If you don't have huckleberries you may substitute other berries in this recipe. Keep in mind juicier berries may require a modification to the amount of corn starch.