Hound Dog Pudding Pie
We named this Hound Dog Pudding Pie because our Basset Hound puppy, Elvis Aaron Pupsley, "stole" the pie pan and carried it away as soon as my daughter sat down with her pie the first time I made it at home. Elvis was really proud of his "trophy" and looked so cute that we laughed and laughed. There was no way we could be mad at him.
This is a super easy dessert, takes very little time, and you can tailor it to suit your tastes. The possibilities are endless because the varieties of pudding mix and candy chips is quite varied.
- 1 box
- instant pudding mix (such as jello instant pudding)
- 1 box
- 6 serving individual graham cracker pie crusts
- 1/2 c
- chocolate or white chocolate chips (flavor depends on your taste and the flavor of the pudding you use)
- 1 can(s)
- aerosol whipped cream
- 1 small
- chocolate bar
How to Make Hound Dog Pudding Pie
- 1Melt 1/2 cup of candy chips in microwave until a spreadable consistency. This usually takes only 30 seconds or less (depends on wattage of microwave). Add a couple of drops of water to melted chocolate if you want to thin it out a bit. Coat the inside of each pie shell with the chocolate.
- 2Prepare pudding as per package directions. Spoon pudding into individual pie shells and place in refrigerator. I usually put the pie shells into a cake pan and cover either with plastic wrap or with a plastic cover made to fit the cake pan. This makes it easy to transport if necessary, and it serves to protect the pudding from refrigerator odors.
- 3Before serving, shave the chocolate bar with a vegetable peeler or grater and reserve for the last step. Top each pie with desired amount of whipped cream and garnish with the shaved chocolate.