Honey Nuttin Dessert
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- unsalted butter
- 2 large
- 1/3 c
- ice water
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 c
- each of finely chopped walnuts and pecans
- 1 c
- brown sugar, packed
- 1 c
- each of sugar, honey, and water
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
How to Make Honey Nuttin Dessert
- 1Combine flour and butter in a bowl. Beat either by hand or electric mixer until well combined.
- 2Thoroughly mix eggs in the iced water. Add to flour- butter mixture, mixing only until ingredients are well combined. Form dough into a ball.
- 3Cut dough into quarters. shape into rounds. Wrap in wax paper. chill for at least 1 hour.
- 4Meanwhile prepare filling. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter then add nuts and sugar, mixing well. Set aside.
- 5Combine ingredients for glaze in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil 1c. sugar, 1 c. honey, 1 c. water and 2 T. lemon juice. simmer five minutes.
- 6Roll out each portion of dough into a 10" round. Put 1 round into a buttered quiche pan. Spread evenly with 1/3 of the filling. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Pour half the glaze over the top.
I use remaining glaze for a dipping when I serve the dessert.
- 7Bake at 375^ for 35-40 minutes until golden.
Can serve with whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice cream .