Honey Nuttin Dessert
3 call purpose flour
1 cunsalted butter
1/3 cice water
1/2 cbutter or margarine
1 1/2 ceach of finely chopped walnuts and pecans
1 cbrown sugar, packed
1 ceach of sugar, honey, and water
2 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Honey Nuttin Dessert
- Combine flour and butter in a bowl. Beat either by hand or electric mixer until well combined.
- Thoroughly mix eggs in the iced water. Add to flour- butter mixture, mixing only until ingredients are well combined. Form dough into a ball.
- Cut dough into quarters. shape into rounds. Wrap in wax paper. chill for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile prepare filling. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter then add nuts and sugar, mixing well. Set aside.
- Combine ingredients for glaze in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil 1c. sugar, 1 c. honey, 1 c. water and 2 T. lemon juice. simmer five minutes.
- Roll out each portion of dough into a 10" round. Put 1 round into a buttered quiche pan. Spread evenly with 1/3 of the filling. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Pour half the glaze over the top.
I use remaining glaze for a dipping when I serve the dessert.
- Bake at 375^ for 35-40 minutes until golden.
Can serve with whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice cream .