Homemade Wild Blueberry Pie with Crumb Top!
~Photo by me~
- (9") deepdish pie crust, unbaked
- cups frozen wild blueberries (*plus more later)
- cup plus 1 tbl. sugar
- cup cornstarch
- cup cold water
- tbl. real butter
- pinch of salt
- tsp. cinnamon, to taste
- tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2
- cups more frozen wild blueberries
- cup cold butter, cut up into small pieces
- tsp. vanilla
- cup sugar
- tsp. more sugar to sprinkle on top
FOR CRUMB TOPPING:
How to Make Homemade Wild Blueberry Pie with Crumb Top!
- 1In large saucepan, bring 4 cups frozen berries and 1 cup + 1 Tbl. sugar to a boil over medium-high heat stirring/folding gently until sugar has dissolved and there is juice. Mix cornstarch with cold water and pour into berry mixture stirring. Gently stir until clear and thickened. Remove from heat, add rest of pie ingredients except last of berries, and fold until mixed in and butter has melted. *Fold in last of frozen berries. Cool and chill. Spoon pie filling into pie plate that is lined with unbaked pastry. Flute pie edge.
- 2For Crumb Topping:
Place cut-up butter into medium-sized mixing bowl. Drizzle with vanilla. Add the 1/4 cup sugar and the flour. Cut in butter until crumbs. *I just do this with my fingers. Sprinkle over pie. Sprinkle top with 1/2-1 tsp. sugar. Pop into pre-heated 400 degree oven, close door, reduce heat to 375, and bake for about 40 minutes until it just starts to bubble and crust is golden brown. Remove and cool on counter. Can store, covered, on counter at room temp., or placed into the fridge and chilled.