Homemade Irishstyle Apple & Clove Pie
I been making apple pie since I was ten years old helping my grandmother and my own mum in the kitchen, in some families it's a secret they would not tell any one outside the family.
There is nothing nicer than walking into a traditional Irish kitchen and smelling the wonderful aroma of freshly baking apple pie.
Except that is a slice of apple pie straight out of the oven with a dollop of freshly whipped cream. Hope you like and enjoy...and shooosh!! it's a secret.....
- 200 g
- selfraising flour
- 100 g
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp
- icing sugar
- 150 g
- 4 Tbsp
- 6 medium
- ordinary eating apples(e.g i used gala irish apples or granny smiths whatever you have)
- 1/4 c
- caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- ground clove
- 1 tsp
- egg( with a pinch of salt in it)
- sprinkle of caster sugar for top of apple pie
How to Make Homemade Irishstyle Apple & Clove Pie
- 9The trimmings roll back up again and make a decoration for top of apple pie.
I always make an apple with two leafs on either side just how I was shown by my Grandmother and my own Mother.
- 12This is one of my apples trees down my back garden, i have three in total ,my husband planted two of them five years ago and an other one three years ago . One for each of my sons ,still have to plant one more for my fourth son he's still only a baby....anyway out of the three apple trees one tree only produce one apple this year compared to last year there was a good few apples on all three tree. This is it, i didn't have the heart to pick it.... PS. any gardeners among us that could tell me , why this has happened am so curious to find out.... :)