1 1/8 tspgelatin, unflavored
1/4 ccold water
3eggyolks, lightly beaten
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 cwhipping cream, whipped
19 inch pie shell baked
1/8 tspground nutmeg
How to Make Homemade Eggnog Pie
- In a small bowl, soften gelatin in cold water; set aside.
- In a sauce pan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Return all to the pan.
- Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in gelatin and vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in whip cream.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.