Homemade Banana Pudding Pie
How to Make Homemade Banana Pudding Pie
- 1Preheat oven:350 degrees.Line the bottom of 9" pie pan with a layer of alternating wafers and banana slices.
- 2TO MAKE PUDDING:In medium saucepan,combine 1 1/2 cups sugar with flour.Mix well,then stir in half the milk.Beat egg yolks and whisk into sugar mixture.Add remaining milk and butter.
- 3Place mixture over med-low heat and cook till thickened,stirring frequently.Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.Pour half of pudding over wafer and banana layer while still hot.
- 4Make another layer of alternating wafer and banana slices on top of pudding layer.Pour remaining pudding over second wafer and banana layer.
- 5TO MAKE MERINGUE:In large glass or metal bowl,beat egg whites until foamy.Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar,continuing to beat until whites are stiff.Spread meringue into pie pan,making sure to completely cover pudding layer.
- 6Bake in oven for 15 minutes or just till meringue is browned.Chill before serving.
- 7** I usually make the meringue with 6 egg whites instead of 3 so i can pile on the meringue!**