Home Canned Peach Pie Filling
How to Make Home Canned Peach Pie Filling
- Wash your fruit and sort it. Drain off any water.
- Dip your fruit in boiling water for 30 to 60 seconds and then remove using a slotted spoon and put the fruit into a large bowl or pot of cold water and ice. The skins will just slide right off.
- Cut out any brown or mushy spots and cut the peaches in half, or quarters or slices and don't forget to remove the pits.
- Now to keep your fruit from turning brown spinkle 1/4 cup lemon juice or Fruit Fresh on your fruit making sure all fruit is coated. I do a bowlful at a time.
- Combine water, sugar, Clear Jel and cinnamon and almond extract in a large kettle. Stir and cook over medium high heat until mixture thickens and begins to bubble.
- Now add your drained peach slices and continue to heat mixture for 3 minutes.
- Fill your jars to within 3/4 to 1 inch of the top, wipe any spilled peach pie filling of the top and add your lids and tighten the ring.
- Put the filled jars in your canner and cover with water at least 1 inch and boil for 30 minutes. Remove jars and cool in a draft free place on 2 thick towels.