Holiday Potato Pie
2unbaked deep dish pie shells
4 mediumsweet potatoes
1 stickbutter (not margerine)
4 1/2 csugar
1 tspalmond extract
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tsplemon juice or zest of lemon
1 tspapple pie spice
How to Make Holiday Potato Pie
- boil the potatoes until they are soft. Drain all the water from them and pour them into a bowl. (potatoes should be hot)
- Mash them and whip them together with the butter and the buttermilk until they are smooth.
- Add the extracts and the lemon juice, and apple pie spice. Adjust sugar and spice to your taste. We like a sweeter pie around here.
- In a separate bowl, beat the four eggs, and stir them into the potato mixture. Make sure the mixture has cooled some, so it won't cook the eggs prematurely.
- Pour mixture in unbaked deep pie shells. Don't overfill. Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until pie is golden brown. Let it rest for 25 minutes before cutting it.