Hidden Pumpkin Pies
1 1/2 csolid-pack pumpkin
1 cevaporated milk
1 1/4 tspvanilla, divided
1 tsppumpkin pie spice
1/4 tspcream of tartar
How to Make Hidden Pumpkin Pies
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place six 6 ounce custard cups or soufflé dishes in shallow baking dish or pan.
- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl; mix well. Pour evenly into custard cups. Pour boiling water into baking dish to depth of 1 inch.
- Bake 25 minutes or until centers are set.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and remaining vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add honey beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread egg white mixture over tops of hot pumpkin pies. Bake 8-12 minutes or until tips of pies are golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm.