Her-Best Apple Pie
19 inch double crust pie pastry, prepared pie crust works fine
4 Tbspall purpose flour
1/4 capple cider
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 cbrown sugar
8-10apples, peeled cored and sliced. (i use cortland)
How to Make Her-Best Apple Pie
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter in a saucepan. stir in flour to form thin paste.
add cider, white and brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low, simmer for 10 minutes
- Place the bottom crust in your pie pan and fill with apples mound slightly, slowly pour simmered cider mixture over the top of the apples and cover with Top crust, Brush top with egg wash and sprinkle lightly with a little white sugar. make small slits in top crust to allow steam to escape
- Bake in preheated oven 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden and apples soft
- I let the syrup simmer while I am slicing the apples I set the timer for 10 minutes, if I am still slicing the apples I just remove the syrup from the heat.