Heavenly Lemon Pie
How to Make Heavenly Lemon Pie
- MERINGUE CRUST:
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and continue beating.
- Add sugar slowly and continue beating until still peaks.
- Spread into a well-greased 9" pie pan.
- Bake 20 minutes at 275°.
- Increase the temperature to 300° for 40 minutes (total 60 minutes) until light golden color.
- Cook on rack.
- Beat yolks and sugar until thick and lemon color.
- Add juice and rind slowly.
- Cook in the top of a double boiler until thick - stir continuously (only about 5 minutes).
- Cool. Then fold in the whipped heavy cream.
- Put filling inside the meringue shell and refrigerate 24 hours.