Heavenly Lemon Pie
How to Make Heavenly Lemon Pie
- 1MERINGUE CRUST:
- 2Beat egg whites until foamy.
- 3Add cream of tartar and continue beating.
- 4Add sugar slowly and continue beating until still peaks.
- 5Spread into a well-greased 9" pie pan.
- 6Bake 20 minutes at 275°.
- 7Increase the temperature to 300° for 40 minutes (total 60 minutes) until light golden color.
- 8Cook on rack.
- 10Beat yolks and sugar until thick and lemon color.
- 11Add juice and rind slowly.
- 12Cook in the top of a double boiler until thick - stir continuously (only about 5 minutes).
- 13Cool. Then fold in the whipped heavy cream.
- 14Put filling inside the meringue shell and refrigerate 24 hours.