Heavenly Chocolate Mousse
The prep time listed to the left includes cooking times. I couldn't figure out how to separate them since you're always doing something. =^..^=
- 10 oz
- dark chocolate
- 3 c
- heavy cream, divided into 1/4, 3/4, and 2 cups
- large egg yolks (only)
- 2 Tbsp
- white sugar
- of salt
- 1 c
- powdered (confectioner's) sugar
How to Make Heavenly Chocolate Mousse
- 1Melt chocolate with 1/4 cup heavy cream in a pan, then put into a larger-sized bowl. Set aside.
- 2Whisk together yolks, sugar and salt in another bowl. Set aside.
- 3Warm 3/4 cup of heavy cream in heavy skillet until bubbles just start to form around edge of pan.
- 4Temper egg yolks mixture into warm cream by slowly pouring the cream into egg yolks, gently stirring, then pouring the eggs & cream mixture back into the skillet.
- 5Return mixture to medium heat and stir continuously until custard just thickens to a slight boil & a wooden spoon dragged through the custard leaves a trail that stays in place.
- 6Pour into the chocolate and whisk together until smooth. Let chocolate mixture cool to room temperature.
- 7Whip the 2 cups of heavy cream & powdered sugar with a mixer until stiff peaks form.
- 8Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture in 3 additions. Mix gently to a uniform consistency.
- 9Spoon into dessert dishes (or a pie shell). Chill until ready to serve.