Heavenly Chocolate Mousse Pie
- ground oreo's (cheap chocolate cookies work just as well
- melted butter to hold crumbs together
- 12 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tsp
- teaspoon vanilla
- 1 c
- cup heavy cream
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- shaved chocolate ( hershey bars taste the best)
OREO COOKIE CRUST
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
How to Make Heavenly Chocolate Mousse Pie
- 1Crush cookies (about 1/2 package for an 8 in crust) do more if you think it is not enough. Melt about 1/2 stick of butter to hold crust together. Add more if needed.
For a pie shape you can use a pie tin, I use a spring form pan. Also is lovely with no crust and using champagne glasses or whatever fun shaped large or individual serving bowls/glasses you have.
- 2Melt cream, chocolate, and vanilla slowly in a double broiler. You can use a heat proof bowl over a regular pot on the stove as well. Cool to room temperature.
- 3Beat two cups heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla, to stiff peaks. Fold whipped cream INTO chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared crust or individual serving bowls. Chill 6 hours until set, I make this a day ahead.
Top with whipped cream. I like to do a full layer of the whipped cream on the entire top of the pie and then garnish it with shaved chocolate. You can top wtih whipped cream on each individual piece and top with oreos as well.