29-inch pie shells, baked and cooled
1 largecan crushed pineapple, drained
2 Tbspall-purpose flour
1 ptheavy whipping cream
1/2 cpecans, in pieces
How to Make Hawaiian Pie
- Bake pie crusts as directed then set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine drained pineapple, flour and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Line bottom of pie crusts with sliced bananas. Layer half of cooled pineapple mixture in each pie crust over bananas. Sprinkle half of the coconut over pineapple.
- Pour whipping cream into a medium mixing bowl and whip until stiff peaks form. Divide evenly and spread over the pineapple layer of each pie.
- Sprinkle top of pies with remaining coconut and chopped pecans. Store in refrigerator.
- COOK'S NOTE: DO NOT substitute Cool Whip for the whipping cream, it will not produce the same results.