- 9-inch pie shells, baked and cooled
- 1 large
- can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- 1 c
- 3 c
- bananas, sliced
- 1 pt
- heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c
- pecans, in pieces
How to Make Hawaiian Pie
- 1Bake pie crusts as directed then set aside to cool.
- 2In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine drained pineapple, flour and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 3Line bottom of pie crusts with sliced bananas. Layer half of cooled pineapple mixture in each pie crust over bananas. Sprinkle half of the coconut over pineapple.
- 4Pour whipping cream into a medium mixing bowl and whip until stiff peaks form. Divide evenly and spread over the pineapple layer of each pie.
- 5Sprinkle top of pies with remaining coconut and chopped pecans. Store in refrigerator.
- 6COOK'S NOTE: DO NOT substitute Cool Whip for the whipping cream, it will not produce the same results.