Great Great Great Grandma Allens Pecan Pie w/ lighter sugar options included
- 1 c
- sugar or use 1/2 c.splenda sugar blend or use2/3-3/4 cup agave
- 1 stick
- butter or use i can't believe it's not butter baking stick
- 3 tsp
- white vinegar
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make Great Great Great Grandma Allens Pecan Pie w/ lighter sugar options included
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a regular glass pie plate then use either a homemade pie crust or do what I do and use a Pillsbury or other rolled crust. They are easy and tasty.
- 2Soften and combine butter with sugar, eggs, vinegar and vanilla in bowl and hand mix well.
- 3Pour mixture into pie crust, shape edges of pie crust per your desire.
- 4Bake at 350° for about 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- 5FYI - For those watching their weight or those with diabeties, using Blue Agave is a great way to sweeten your desserts. You just have to account for it being liquid. I get the best deals on large bottles at Marshalls or you can find it in Whole Foods and many other places. On the large baking size of Ohgave Light they have a ratio chart you can use. Ex: use 2/3-3/4 of Agave to 1 cup of sugar. Agave does not cause blood sugar to spike since it is lower on the glycemic index. Agave comes in Light and Amber and also other companies offer flavors such as strawberry, maple and blueberry and vanilla. I do not know what taste difference it will make to your recipe but it shouldn't be drastic. Great for pancakes too!