Mary Ann Thompson
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1pie shell, baked (i use a deep dish)
3 or 4 largeruby red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
1 - 3 oz. pkgstrawberry jello
1 1/3 cwater
2 tspcorn starch
How to Make Grapefruit Pie
- Peel and section grapefruit. Be sure to remove all the white pith because it will make the pie bitter. I remove all the membrane from each section. Cut each section in half. Place sections in a colander over a bowl and let juice drain, but do NOT squeeze or mash.
- Heat water to boiling. Combine Jello, sugar and corn starch in small bowl. Pour boiling water in and mix until Jello and sugar is dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
- Gently stir grapefruit sections into Jello mixture, being careful not to mash sections too much. You want them to stay plump and juicy! Place in refrigerator and chill until set.
- Serve plain or with whipped cream or ice cream.
- I have also made this pie using sugar-free Jello and Splenda. No one I served it to could tell the difference!