Mary Ann Thompson1
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- pie shell, baked (i use a deep dish)
- 3 or 4 large
- ruby red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 - 3 oz. pkg
- strawberry jello
- 1 1/3 c
- 1 c
- 2 tsp
- corn starch
How to Make Grapefruit Pie
- 1Peel and section grapefruit. Be sure to remove all the white pith because it will make the pie bitter. I remove all the membrane from each section. Cut each section in half. Place sections in a colander over a bowl and let juice drain, but do NOT squeeze or mash.
- 2Heat water to boiling. Combine Jello, sugar and corn starch in small bowl. Pour boiling water in and mix until Jello and sugar is dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
- 3Gently stir grapefruit sections into Jello mixture, being careful not to mash sections too much. You want them to stay plump and juicy! Place in refrigerator and chill until set.
- 4Serve plain or with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 5I have also made this pie using sugar-free Jello and Splenda. No one I served it to could tell the difference!