Grandma's Sweet Hubbard Squash Custard Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 1/2 lb
- hubbard squash - cut into chunks and seeds removed
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 large
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp
- apple pie spice
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
How to Make Grandma's Sweet Hubbard Squash Custard Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Arrange squash on lined baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven until the skin is browned and flesh is tender, about 45 minutes; allow to cool before handling. Remove flesh from squash using a spoon.
- 2Reduce temperature setting on oven to 375 degrees. Place 2 cups of squash in a mixer and beat until smooth. Add the brown sugar, eggs, cream, apple pie spice, salt, and butter; process until smooth. Pour the squash mixture into the pie crust. Bake until the filling rises, about 1 hour.
- 3Can be served with whipped cream.